Thursday, May 21, 2015

MANTRA TO REMOVE OBSTACLES

Ganesha Mula Mantra

Welcome to my blog again! I am very grateful for your presence here.

Tody we are gounf to learn our first mantra!

Obviously, we will start with Ganesha, the elephant god. Why obviously? In the Hindu tradition he is always honored first. The most practical reason is because, being the removal of obstacles, he opens all doors. Every time we start a Mantra discipline, we should always chant to Ganesha first.

The Ganesha Mula or foundation Mantra comes in very handy when we start a new endeavor, like a project, a job, when we buy a house or a car, even when we start a new relationship, whether it is personal of business wise. It also helps us to find a job.

The first time I experience the great power of this mantra was when I first learned it. One afternoon I was driving back home in Arlington, MA, from my job in Somerville, though Somerville Ave, which has many Stop signs. On one intersection, there was a vehicle already there, but it would not move, so I decided to go. A few seconds later I hear the sound of a police patrol that stopped me.
The police officer was beside himself, really mad at me for what I had just done. He asked me for my license and registration and went back to his patrol.
I Was very nervous, so I took the mala I was wearing off my neck, and started chanting the Ganesha Mula Mantra. The one thing I noticed, is that chanting the mantra calmed me down, to the point that I completely forgot about the unpleasant situation taking place.
To my astonishment, a few minutes later he comes back and gives me back my papers and says: “I just had an emergency call and have to leave, otherwise I would be giving you the highest fine I could!” And he let me go with a worning…
I was really impressed. I learned my lesson, with no points to my driver’s license or increase on my car insurance. And this way I learned from my own experience how powerful mantras can be!

The Mantra is:

OM GAM GANAPATAYEI NAMAHA

OM                 Sanskrit symbol representing the creation of the Universe
GAM              Mantra-semilla que contiene toda la informaciĆ³n de Ganesha
GANAPATI Another name for Ganesha
YEI                 feminine suffix, even when Ganesha is a masculine deity
NAMAHA   
I salute or honor you

I salute you with the principle of creation of the Universe, O lord Ganesha, the removal of obstacles!

If you desire to learn the correct pronunciation of this mantra, please visit my YouTube channel “Sanskrit Mantras”



I hope this mantra brings many blessings to your life, as it has to mine, and wish you allthe best in your new endeavors.
Please leave a coment if you have any questions or coments, or if you would like to share an experience.

Thank you once more for following my blog.

Have a blessed day...

TaTha-Stu! (So be it)


Shivani Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment